Hospice is a special way of caring for those with life-limiting illness and their families.
When a loved one is dying, our Hospice Care enables the patient to remain in the comfort of his or her own home with family close by. The VNA of Somerset Hills Hospice is Medicare-certified and state-licensed, and focuses on helping the patient live as fully and comfortably as possible during their final days through pain and symptom management. We provide a wide range of services to the patient and family in the home setting. Hospice services can also be provided for a patient with a life-limiting condition living in a nursing or assisted living facility.
SPECIALIZED HOSPICE SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Complete case management focused on patient and family
- Pain and symptom management
- Social Work services
- Personal care assistance
- Rehabilitation therapies, as needed : physical, occupational and speech
- Spiritual care
- Nutritional counseling
- Comfort care options including pet therapy, life journals and a variety of volunteer services
- Arrangements for medical supplies and equipment such as wheelchairs, hospital beds and walkers
- Family care services including bereavement support, caregiver support and respite, and personal web pages
OUR HOSPICE CARE TEAM
All VNA hospice patients have a team of highly trained professionals to help them through this difficult time. The team includes a nurse, social worker, home health aide, pastoral counselor, physician, dietician, pharmacist and volunteers, all of whom work closely with the patient’s physican to develop and coordinate a comprehensive care plan.
We offer hospice patients and their families the security of support 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Medicare, Medicaid, managed care and other insurance plans cover the payment for hospice care. No patient will ever be denied our care due to lack of adequate insurance coverage or financial hardship.
For more information about our Hospice Care or other VNA services, call us today at 908-766-0180.