Ensures that VNA of Somerset Hills exceeds the service expectations of patients, caregivers, and providers. This is achieved through customer relations, performing administrative functions and coordination of services within the department. Primary focus areas are accurately and expediently entering preliminary patient referral information into system and ensuring that Referral Services Center calls are answered in a timely manner,. This team member demonstrates competence in multi-tasking and prioritizing work, which ensures that we exceed our internal and external customer expectations. Demonstrates ability to be cross trained to perform other administrative support staff functions on an as needed basis.
Typical working days / hours: Tuesday – Saturday / 10:00am – 6:00pm
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellence in Communication/Organization skills.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word and Internet
- Familiarity with medical terminology and coding
- Two to three years’ experience in an administrative staff role
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interprets agency policy to patients and facility personnel.
- Answer calls to Referral Service Center, consults with physicians, nurses and other disciplines to obtain referral information and provides feedback to facility personnel.
- Enters all preliminary patient referral information into computerized “point of care” system as needed. Inputs/processes referrals into the system in a timely and accurate manner
- Track Hospice Certification of Prognosis forms for signature from Primary Physician and route to Director of Clinical Services, when assigned.
- When Referral Service Center is notified that a patient is hospitalized or in an inpatient facility, FAX to hospital or other facility a notification that patient is known to VNA of Somerset Hills. Also follow up with a telephone call to the hospital or facility and speak to the patient’s care manager to begin discharge planning and the process of referral to VNA services.
- Communicates with internal departments and external customers regarding initial patient visits to ensure positive customer satisfaction.
- Maintains accuracy and integrity of scheduling system.
- Prioritizes assignments, accessing guidance as needed from the manager
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Builds professional relationships with patients, families, providers, internal customers to ensure for service excellence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, electronic health record, scheduling system and other technology utilized within the organization.
- Carries out the mission, vision and pillars of the organization.
- Prints documents and orders per department process.
- Provides key performance indicators, trends and dashboards per department process in a timely fashion.
- Obtains Authorizations/Reauthorizations on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC EQUIPMENT USED: Telephone, computer, printer, photocopier, fax machine
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Sitting, fine motor hand movement
COMMUNICATION DEMANDS: Verbal, written
READING, MATHEMATICS, VISION: reading, mathematics, vision
OTHER JOB CHARACTERISTICS: Client/customer contact