The VNA of Somerset Hills has a long and respected tradition of delivering personalized, compassionate, and community-focused healthcare. Since 1904, we have been providing home health, hospice, adult day and community wellness services to Morris and Somerset County residents. Our nonprofit home care agency is certified by Medicare, accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP) and licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services. Quality credentials include national recognition as a 2016 HomeCare Elite® Agency.
Our front desk receptionist has primary responsibility to create a warm, responsive interaction between the agency and its customers and employees and to provide a full range of administrative/clerical support activities including but not limited to: answering and routing phone calls; greeting visitors; and opening and routing in-coming mail.
When there is any down-time, the receptionist assists with agency mailings, works with our communications department on social media postings, and assists our intake department in relaying information from our office to agency home health personnel to get new patients with their clinical team as soon as possible.
Reports To: VP of Business Development & Philanthropy
- Experience with a multi-line phone system. Advanced computer skills, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and proficiency using social media sites.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Experience with an electronic healthcare record, preferred.
- Resourceful and solution oriented.
- High school diploma required; collete degree AA or BA, preferred.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to courteously answer the telephone, take accurate messages and maintain a good relationship with all callers, including those seeking services.
- Ability to learn the electronic health record system used by the agency.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to adapt to diversified duties.
- Demonstrates awareness of high priority situations.
- Attention to detail.
- Presents a professional demeanor and appearance.
- Proficiency using social media platforms.
- Work well on a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous, accurate and timely communication via telephone. This includes taking messages, accurate routing of incoming calls and the proper referrals to outside agencies where appropriate. Reach out to clinicians when Patient Service Coordinators and/or Managers are not available.
- Look up information in electronic health record to assist patients & their families when needed.
- Open and sort incoming mail.
- Handles UPS and FedEx shipping.
- Keep accurate log of all checks and cash received.
- Assist in mailings when needed.
- Assist in social media efforts, i.e. maintain Facebook calendar and posting.
- Prepare and mail multiple letters to hospice families.
- Prepare MSW’s hospice bereavement letters to doctors for signature by Social Worker.
- Assign all agency meeting rooms through Outlook, as requested.
- Carry out other duties assigned.