We invite you to apply for employment at our highly regarded independent community healthcare agency. The VNA of Somerset Hills, NJ has Full Time Occupational Therapy opening with an attractive compensation and benefits package, including a signing bonus. We are seeking New Jersey licensed OTs who have an interest in practicing in the home health care environment.
Working here, you’ll be a valued member of a compassionate, dedicated, interdisciplinary team of professionals that consistently delivers care with exceptional outcomes. For over 100 years, the VNA of Somerset Hills has been a trusted provider of innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents. Our focus is providing the care and support necessary to help individuals and their caregivers maintain their health, quality of life and independent living.
Discover why OTs are finding a home with us, as we deliver patient-centered services focused on providing the best client outcomes and care experience. A work environment that provides flexibility and independence in your workday. Join a team of professionals who care about each other and the work we do!
Occupational Therapist performs treatment for patients of VNA Home Health Services, VNA Hospice Care, and VNA Community Health Services as prescribed by their physicians.
REPORTS TO: Manager, Rehabilitation Services
- Current license to practice Occupational Therapy in the State of New Jersey
- Current New Jersey Drivers License
- Minimum 2 years satisfactory work experience in occupational therapy.
- Prior homecare experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of VNA mission, philosophy, policies, and programs.
- Knowledge of current occupational therapy principles and practices.
- Knowledge/application of modalities used in occupational therapy and full knowledge of their effects.
- Knowledge of human anatomy/physiology and effect of treatment procedure on body function and structure.
- Knowledge of disease process, causative factors, and value of occupational therapy agents in its relief.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control procedures and Universal Precautions.
- Knowledge of Medicare and 3rd party payor rules/regulations for home care.
- Basic knowledge of the OASIS form, OASIS function and OASIS scoring.
- Basic computer skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends and completes the orientation program provided by the Agency.
- Maintains standards as set by the AOTA regarding treatment procedures, professional ethics and standards of practice.
- Administer occupational therapy services per M.D. orders:
a. Responds to physicians for confirmation, clarification or elaboration of treatment orders.
b. Recommends/Implements changes in treatment plan with MD approval and signature; based upon the patient’s response to therapy.
- Provide services in the categories of:
a. Admission Visit (Start of Care) including patient sign-off for consent of visits
b. Occupational Therapy evaluation and home safety assessment.
c. Patient care planning and the establishment of treatment goals.
d. Implementation of treatment program to relieve pain, develop or restore function, and maintain maximum performance.
e. Provides appropriate discharge planning and refers to appropriate resources if indicated.
f. Provides patient/family/caregiver education to include a relevant home program with instruction to patient, family, and assistive personnel.
g. Utilize therapeutic modalities that are available for the home treatment setting.
h. Instruct patient/family/caregiver in the use of assistive devices: wheelchair, walker, canes, crutches, prosthetic/orthotic devices, Hoyer lift.
i. Direct and assist patient in therapeutic exercise, muscle re-education, gait, transfers and functional training, ADL’s, and prosthetic training.
j. In service training to patients/families/caregivers and the community at large.
- Provide referrals to ancillary support disciplines (MSW, Registered Dietitians, etc.)
- Participate in staff meetings and attend mandatory in service educational programs.
- Maintain adequate records and document treatment per Medicare/Payor guidelines.
- Responsible for OASIS scoring accuracy and ongoing OASIS education.
- Follow proper safety and infection control procedures.
- Coordinate with patient/family to schedule occupational therapy visits; keeping them informed of any changes that may occur. Keep therapist rescheduling to a minimum.
- Therapists are not permitted to make any arrangements with a patient where you will provide services on a private basis. The individuals for whom you provide services are clients of the Agency, and options do exist for private payment to the Agency.
- Therapists will coordinate time off with the Rehab Manager and/or Director of Clinical Services to ensure adequate coverage for therapy services.
- Demonstrate flexibility with willingness to travel to the various geographical locations of our patients, and help to cover patients for vacationing therapists.
- Perform duties within the established policies of the VNA of Somerset Hills and all associated regulatory agents/agencies such as CHAP, OIG, OSHA, State, etc.
- Accept and perform other duties as assigned.