RN – Referral Service Center Liaison- FT
We invite you to apply for employment at our highly regarded independent community healthcare agency. The VNA of Somerset Hills, NJ has a Referral Service Center Liaison RN opening with an attractive compensation and benefits package. We are seeking New Jersey Registered Nurses who have an interest in customer relations and coordination of services. This team member possesses strong critical thinking skills necessary for coordinating care from hospitals, sub-acute rehabilitation facilities and assisted living facilities to ensure a safe and timely transition to home. They are responsible for working with physician offices and discharge-planning teams to facilitate and expedite appropriate home care placements with the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills (VNASH) so patients receive home care services as expeditiously as possible. They are also responsible for receiving and reviewing telephonic and electronic referrals from other sources, including but not limited to: physicians, physician practices, insurance companies, patients/families, other agencies.
Reports to: Associate Director of Referral Services and Sales
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey
- Excellence in critical thinking/communication/organization skills.
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word and internet
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Previous referral and/or intake experience
- Health care marketing experience
- Knowledge of Home Care Home Base
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets agency policy to patients and facility personnel.
- Serves as a liaison between facilities and VNASH, including on-site facility visits
- Answers calls to Referral Service Center, consults with physicians, nurses and other disciplines to obtain referral information and provides feedback to facility personnel.
- Enters all preliminary patient referral information into computerized “point of care” system as needed. Inputs/processes referrals into the system in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicates with internal departments and external customers regarding initial patient visits to ensure positive customer satisfaction.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Builds professional relationships with patients, families, providers, and internal customers to ensure service excellence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, electronic health record, scheduling system and other technology utilized within the organization.
- Assists in evaluation of patients referred by facility staff for home care to determine appropriateness for admission to VNASH programs. Works with discharge planning team at facilities to refer patients needing other sources of care or appropriate service.
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other disciplines while establishing a coordinated home care plan prior to discharge.
- Provides feedback to facility personnel, as needed and/or requested.
- Evaluates hospice referrals for eligibility. Coordinates needed services for hospice admissions. Works with pharmacy to arrange medication delivery. Works with DME supplier to arrange equipment delivery.
- Processes hospice referrals, which includes obtaining MD orders, referral entries, scheduling initial visits, and processing Hospice CTI and worksheets for MD completion
- Collects and maintains statistical data of referred patients, as needed.
- Collaborates with VNASH Referral Service Center regarding patient plan of care and needs.
- Serves as a resource to facility staff on community resources and home care issues and best practices.
- Carries out the mission, vision and pillars of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
The VNA of Somerset Hills offers competitive compensation, interdisciplinary teamwork and a supportive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.