On Call Nurse – Per Diem
JOB SUMMARY: As an On Call Nurse, you will be responsible for responding to patient/family phone calls and making visits as needed during off hours of the weekday and/or weekend. You will respond to the needs of hospice patients as well as homecare patients requiring 24 hour availability. The On Call Nurse may also need to establish patients on off hour admissions.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or college, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Current NJ State nursing license or license pending as indicated by a permission to work letter from the NJ State Board of Nursing
- Current New Jersey Drivers’ License
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Home Care or Hospice Nursing preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice
- Understanding of hospice philosophy and practice
- Excellent communication and judgment skills to enhance telephone triage
- V. certification preferred
- Prior experience utilizing EHR, HomecareHomebase a plus
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate, teach and supervise care to patients and families
- Respond to all calls within a maximum timeframe of 15 minutes
- Consult about individual or family health problems with the Administrative Call Nurse or physician
- Promote continuity of patient care by planning and exchanging information with physicians and other appropriate team members
- Participate on Hospice Team and in other team meetings, including presentation of cases, as needed
- Rotate weekend visit responsibility: one weekend in every quarter year
- Rotate one major and one minor holiday visit responsibility per year
The VNA of Somerset Hills offers competitive compensation, interdisciplinary teamwork and a supportive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.