LPN -Referral Service Center Liaison – FT
We invite you to apply for employment at our highly regarded independent community healthcare agency. The VNA of Somerset Hills, NJ has a Referral Service Center Liaison LPN opening with an attractive compensation and benefits package. We are seeking New Jersey licensed LPN’s who have an interest in customer relations and coordination of services. This team member is responsible for accurately and expediently entering preliminary patient referral information into system and ensuring that Referral Services Center calls are answered in a timely manner. They demonstrate competence in multi-tasking and prioritizing work, which ensures that we exceed our internal and external customer expectations. The team member is also responsible for working with the discharge planning team at hospitals and health care facilities to facilitate and expedite appropriate home care placements with the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills (VNASH) so patients may be appropriately discharged from the facility and receive home care services as expeditiously as possible after discharge.
Reports to: Associate Director of Referrals and Sales
- Current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of New Jersey
- Excellence in communication/organization skills
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Word and internet
- Previous referral and/or Intake experience
- Health care marketing experience
- Knowledge of HomeCare HomeBase
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interprets agency policy to patients and facility personnel.
- Answer calls to Referral Service Center, consults with physicians, nurses and other disciplines to obtain referral information and provides feedback to facility personnel.
- Enters all preliminary patient referral information into computerized “point of care” system as needed. Inputs/processes referrals into the system in a timely and accurate manner
- Communicates with internal departments and external customers regarding initial patient visits to ensure positive customer satisfaction.
- Participates in quality improvement activities.
- Builds professional relationships with patients, families, providers, internal customers to ensure service excellence.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, electronic health record, scheduling system and other technology utilized within the organization.
- Assist in evaluation of patients referred by facility staff for home care to determine appropriateness for admission to VNASH programs. Works with discharge planning team at facilities to refer patients needing other sources of care or appropriate service.
- Consults with physicians, nurses and other disciplines while establishing a coordinated home care plan prior to discharge.
- Provides feedback to facility personnel, as needed and/or requested.
- Evaluate Hospice referrals for eligibility. Coordinate needed service for Hospice admission. Work with pharmacy to arrange medication delivery. Work with DME supplier to arrange equipment delivery.
- Process Hospice referral to include obtaining of MD order, referral entry, scheduling of initial visit, process of Hospice CTI and worksheets for worksheets for MD completion
- Serves as a liaison between facilities and VNASH.
- Collects and maintains statistical data of referred patients, as needed.
- Collaborates with VNASH Referral Service Center regarding patient plan of care and needs.
- Serves as a resource to facility staff on community resources and home care issues and best practices.
- Carries out the mission, vision and pillars of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
The VNA of Somerset Hills offers competitive compensation, interdisciplinary teamwork and a supportive work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.