JOB SUMMARY: Is responsible for supporting and maintaining the smooth functioning of the VNA administrative/facility operations. Provides back up support to the Information Technology department on an as needed basis.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Information Technology & Business Development
- Baccalaureate degree required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates ability to learn new skills quickly
- Current New Jersey driver’s license
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of VNA mission, philosophy, policies and programs
- Highly motivated with a desire for learning and continuous improvements
- Flexible in accepting new assignments
- Ability to work independently and manages time well
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to establish working relationships with all levels of staff, management and vendors
- Have sound decision-making abilities, excellent attention to detail and pride in a well-executed finished project
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to perform in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner all VNA administrative and Information technology tasks as assigned, such as ordering of office supplies, IT software and the proper functioning of the office equipment.
- Manage the vendors necessary for the maintenance of the VNA office/grounds and Information Technology department
Under the direction of the Manager of Information Technology and Business Development:
- Ensures that contracts, agreements and RFP’s are carried out and on file as directed.
- Assist with the procurement and contract management for information technology, clinical supplies, building and premises.
- Works with building and grounds maintenance crews to ensure services are provided according to contract or agreements in place.
- Assist with security system, answering service, meeting fire regulations, sprinkler and elevator system maintenance.
- Investigate availability and suitability of options for new purchases and new office initiatives.
- Calculate and compare costs for required goods or services used by the agency to achieve maximum value.
- Check that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies.
- Assist in select contract preparation and maintenance.
- Assist in select insurance renewals and maintenance.
- Respond appropriately to urgent issues as they arise.
- Coordinate administrative support functions for reception including coverage when needed.
- Assist in calendar maintenance, project preparation and file maintenance.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.