Become a member of our growing care team
Join our dedicated team of skilled clinicians and professionals and deliver valuable health services to our community. Advance your career and become a part of the fastest growing sector of the healthcare industry.
The VNA of Somerset Hills has been committed to providing care for our community for over 100 years. Whether full-time, part-time, our trusted and compassionate staff are the engine behind our cause and are making a difference every day. If you think your skills and passion are a fit for our team, let us know.
We invite you to apply for employment at our highly regarded independent community healthcare agency. We are seeking per diem New Jersey licensed nurses who have an interest in practicing nursing in the home health care environment.
Working here, you’ll be a valued member of a compassionate, dedicated, interdisciplinary team of professionals that consistently delivers care with exceptional outcomes. For over 100 years, the VNA of Somerset Hills has been a trusted provider of innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents. Our focus is providing the care and support necessary to help individuals and their caregivers maintain their health, quality of life and independent living.
Discover why RNs are finding a home with us, as we deliver patient-centered services focused on providing the best client outcomes and care experience. A work environment that provides flexibility and independence in your workday. Join a team of professionals who care about each other and the work we do!
The Home Health Care RN position is the cornerstone of VNA of Somerset Hills’ clinical operations. RNs provide nursing care for those with illness and/or injury wherever the patient calls home. This care is achieved through care plan development and oversight including clinical nursing interventions, education, and supervision of care plan implementation for patients and caregivers. Our RNs also provide consultation and referral to appropriate personnel and services within the agency and the community.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice and an understanding and knowledge of the nursing process
- Knowledge or interest in home care philosophy and practice
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing is preferred OR graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey or has license pending as indicated by a permission-to-work letter from the New Jersey State Board of Nursing
- Current New Jersey Drivers’ License
- I.V. certification is preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- A minimum of one year’s experience in nursing
- Home care experience preferred
Our agency is a charitable, tax-exempt home health agency and hospice certified by Medicare, accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP), and licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An exciting opportunity exists for a licensed speech language pathologist (SLP) to join the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills, a highly regarded non-profit home care and hospice agency that has served Somerset and Morris Counties for 114 years. As a VNA of Somerset Hills clinical professional, you will be a valued member of a compassionate and dedicated interdisciplinary team including registered nurses, therapists (physical, occupational and speech), wound care specialists, social workers, dieticians and home health aides who consistently deliver care with exceptional outcomes that allows our patients to maintain their health, quality of life and independence.
The VNA of Somerset Hills is seeking a per diem SLP to serve patients primarily in Somerset County, New Jersey, with intermittent coverage in Morris County, as needed. Our SLPs provide speech therapy treatment services to the agency’s home health care, hospice or private care patients in their homes or in senior residential communities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current license to practice speech therapy in the State of New Jersey
- Current New Jersey Driver’s License
- Minimum three years of satisfactory work experience in speech therapy
- Prior home care experience preferred
WHY THE VNA OF SOMERSET HILLS
Since 1904, the VNA of Somerset Hills has been a trusted provider of innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents. We are rated 4 Stars by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and have been named to the national Home Care Elite® for multiple years. Inquire today and discover why SLPs are finding a home with us, as we deliver patient-centered services, excellent outcomes and an outstanding care experience. The VNA of Somerset Hills work environment provides workday flexibility and independence and our compensation is competitive. Join a team of professionals who care about patients, each other and the work we do!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Serving the community since 1988, the Adult Day Center (ADC) provides a warm and welcoming setting with opportunity for socialization for people with cognitive impairments and/or, or functional impairments due to stroke or chronic illnesses. Our goal is to provide supervision and enrichment to improve quality of life for our clients who attend, and their caregivers. The care provided at the Center may help delay need for placing a loved one in an assisted living or nursing facility. The Center is a service provided by the VNA of Somerset Hills.
As Program Assistant at our Adult Day Center, you’ll be working directly with our elderly/older adult clients, many of whom have cognitive disabilities such as Alzheimer’s or dementia. Your responsibilities may include activities such as providing hands-on assistance for clients with personal care needs, and assisting clients and staff with Center programs and activities. This rewarding opportunity is ideal for a warm, friendly and patient person who enjoys spending time with the elderly, helping to maintain their dignity and enrich their daily quality of life. The ideal candidate for this position will be available two days a week, with the flexibility to sub for fellow staff and provide vacation coverage, as needed.
Reports to: Center Manager
- Professional or personal experience working with the population served by our Adult Day Center, which is primarily elderly
- High School diploma or equivalent
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a group setting
- Effective interpersonal skills and patience needed to interact with our clients
- Ability to maintain client/family confidentiality
- Ability to handle crisis in a calm constructive manner
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hands on assistance for clients’ personal care as needed
- Ability to handle clients’ personal care with toileting when necessary
- Treat clients with respect, kindness, patience; helping to maintain clients’ dignity
- Work with team to insure safety of clients at all times
- Assist clients that are unsteady with walking
- Assist with activities/projects at request of Activities Manager
- Assist during lunchtime to ensure calm, orderly flow of meal time experience for clients
- Promote the ADC in the community when possible
- Perform other duties as assigned
We are an equal opportunity employer
Our happiest day is when we can part ways with our patients as a result of the expert care they have received, knowing they now have the tools and knowledge to successfully manage their chronic conditions.
VNA Chronic Care Manager/Telehealth Nurse
I really try to advocate for each of our patients, so that as a team we bring about things that are deeply important to the patient.
VNA Hospice Spiritual Care Coordinator
I help patients and families have choices at the end of life.
VNA Director of Hospice & Palliative Care
We keep you informed
Sign up here to receive the latest news and updates from the team at VNA of Somerset Hills.