Become a member of our growing care team
Join our dedicated team of skilled clinicians and professionals and deliver valuable health services to our community. Advance your career and become a part of the fastest growing sector of the healthcare industry.
The VNA of Somerset Hills has been committed to providing care for our community for over 100 years. Whether full-time, part-time, our trusted and compassionate staff are the engine behind our cause and are making a difference every day. If you think your skills and passion are a fit for our team, let us know.
We invite you to apply for employment at our highly regarded community healthcare agency. The VNA of Somerset Hills has a full time RN opening with an attractive compensation and benefits package. We are seeking New Jersey licensed nurses who have an interest in practicing nursing in the home health care environment.
Working here, you’ll be a valued member of a compassionate, dedicated, interdisciplinary team of professionals that consistently delivers care with exceptional outcomes. For over 100 years, the VNA of Somerset Hills has been a trusted provider of innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents. Our focus is providing the care and support necessary to help individuals and their caregivers maintain their health, quality of life and independent living.
Discover why RNs are finding a home with us, as we deliver patient-centered services focused on providing the best client outcomes and care experience and a work environment that provides flexibility and independence in your workday. Join a team of professionals who care about each other and the work we do!
The Home Health RN position is the cornerstone of VNA of Somerset Hills’ clinical operations. RNs provide nursing care for those with illness and/or injury wherever the patient calls home. This care is achieved through care plan development and oversight including clinical nursing interventions, education, and supervision of care plan implementation for patients and caregivers. Our RNs also provide consultation and referral to appropriate personnel and services within the agency and the community.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in current nursing practice and an understanding and knowledge of the nursing process
- Knowledge or interest in home care philosophy and practice
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from a college or university accredited by the National League for Nursing is preferred OR graduation from an accredited school of nursing
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey or has license pending as indicated by a permission-to-work letter from the New Jersey State Board of Nursing
- Current New Jersey Drivers’ License
- V. certification is preferred
- Basic computer skills required
- A minimum of one year’s experience in nursing
- Home care experience preferred
Our agency is a charitable, tax-exempt home health agency and hospice certified by Medicare, accredited by the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP), and licensed by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An exciting opportunity exists for a licensed speech language pathologist (SLP) to join the Visiting Nurse Association of Somerset Hills, a highly regarded non-profit home care and hospice agency that has served Somerset and Morris Counties for 114 years. As a VNA of Somerset Hills clinical professional, you will be a valued member of a compassionate and dedicated interdisciplinary team including registered nurses, therapists (physical, occupational and speech), wound care specialists, social workers, dieticians and home health aides who consistently deliver care with exceptional outcomes that allows our patients to maintain their health, quality of life and independence.
The VNA of Somerset Hills is seeking a per diem SLP to serve patients primarily in Somerset County, New Jersey, with intermittent coverage in Morris County, as needed. Our SLPs provide speech therapy treatment services to the agency’s home health care, hospice or private care patients in their homes or in senior residential communities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current license to practice speech therapy in the State of New Jersey
- Current New Jersey Driver’s License
- Minimum three years of satisfactory work experience in speech therapy
- Prior home care experience preferred
WHY THE VNA OF SOMERSET HILLS
Since 1904, the VNA of Somerset Hills has been a trusted provider of innovative and comprehensive home health and hospice care, adult day services and community wellness programs to Morris and Somerset County residents. We are rated 4 Stars by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services and have been named to the national Home Care Elite® for multiple years. Inquire today and discover why SLPs are finding a home with us, as we deliver patient-centered services, excellent outcomes and an outstanding care experience. The VNA of Somerset Hills work environment provides workday flexibility and independence and our compensation is competitive. Join a team of professionals who care about patients, each other and the work we do!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To provide direct personal care to the sick and/or disabled assigned by any of the VNA of Somerset Hills programs, with full regard for the dignity of each of those patients. Direct personal care may include personal hygiene, activities of daily living and the care of the environment directly related to the safety and well being of the patient and insuring the patient’s optimum level of self care.
REPORTS TO: Clinical Manager
- Successful completion of a home health aide certification training program approved by the State of NJ Board of Nursing.
- Current home health aide certification
- Current NJ driver’s license along with a safe driving record.
- High school diploma or the equivalent preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well with people.
- Ability to carry out the physical tasks required by the job.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing in English.
- Ability to read maps and follow directions.
- Reliability e.g. following the assigned schedule consistently.
- Dependability e.g. being at assignment at correct time and submitting paper work accurately and in a timely manner.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Certified Home Health Aides may perform the following duties under the direction and supervision of the Home Health Aide Supervisor or the Nurse Case Manager of a particular case which the CHHA is assigned.
- Assist patient with bath.
- Assist patient with toileting needs.
- Assist patient in and out of bed, assisting with ambulation and exercise.
- Assist patient with self-administered medications.
- Perform incidental household services.
- Accompany patient to a doctor’s appointment, hospital or clinic for treatment by means of approved mode of transportation. (if on Private Care Services)
Our happiest day is when we can part ways with our patients as a result of the expert care they have received, knowing they now have the tools and knowledge to successfully manage their chronic conditions.
VNA Chronic Care Manager/Telehealth Nurse
I really try to advocate for each of our patients, so that as a team we bring about things that are deeply important to the patient.
VNA Hospice Spiritual Care Coordinator
I help patients and families have choices at the end of life.
VNA Director of Hospice & Palliative Care
We keep you informed
Sign up here to receive the latest news and updates from the team at VNA of Somerset Hills.