VNA Rummage Sale at Far Hills Fairgrounds Takes Place Oct 6-8
Over two acres and 75,000 square feet of merchandise awaits bargain-hunting shoppers under the tents at the VNA Fall Rummage Sale. The sale takes place on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, October 6, 7 and 8 at the Far Hills Fairgrounds, located at the intersection of US Route 202 and Peapack Road in Far Hills, New Jersey. The sale is open 9:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Sunday, rain or shine.
Proceeds from the Rummage Sale support important VNA home health, hospice and palliative care, adult day, and wellness services that improve the health and quality of life of community members in need. In addition, at this a portion of the funds raised will be directed to relief agencies helping those impacted by the recent hurricanes in Florida, Texas and the Caribbean. “As a mission based organization with a tradition of community care, the VNASH understands the importance of providing on-the-ground, non-profit relief agencies with funds they can use to provide exactly the type of disaster relief supplies that are going to be most helpful,” stated Dan Powell, President and CEO, VNA of Somerset Hills.
The sale boasts of over 28 different departments of goods including: clothing; fashion accessories; furniture and home decorative items; pet supplies; artwork; toys and games; sporting goods; fine and costume jewelry; antiques and vintage items; kitchen supplies and cookware; appliances; electronics; lighting fixtures; books for all ages; cameras; musical instruments; vinyl records; video games; fabric and yarn; sewing accessories; holiday decorations; costumes; gardening supplies; outdoor furnishings; and more. Merchandise has been carefully sorted, checked for damage, cleaned, and organized for display by more than 450 volunteers.
What to Know:
- Rain or shine.
- Parking and admission are free. Handicap parking is available.
- Credit cards (Mastercard and Visa), cash, and checks accepted in all departments. Photo identification may be required for credit cards and checks.
- Flu shots (individuals over 18) will be available at the VNA information tent Friday and Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The cost per flu shot is $25 and is free for those covered under Medicare Part B (card required for verification.) No Medicare Advantage plans, private insurance, or Medicaid will be accepted as payment. Shots are also free for Far Hills residents with ID.
- Short walking distance from the NJ Transit Far Hills Station.
- Food is available for purchase, cash only.
- Strollers and shopping carts are welcome on the grounds but, for safety reasons, not allowed inside any of the tents or departments.